Pages

Popular Posts!! (You know the ones that get 5 views instead of 2)

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pandemonium and Delirium Review

So I'm a bit late with this series I know. But hey! A dual review!
Well kind-of, I've just decided to post both my reviews here as they were some of my rare substantial ones and even though they aren't positive they do contain some very good points.

Delirium: 3.5 Stars

I honestly couldn't read this book at some points, I just got so furious! A society without love? I felt like punching whoever began that crazy notion in the face, pardon my strangely-violent reaction. I just felt sick at some points, especially when it came to the parts about obliterated love between parent and child.
Which is why I was glad that (and thank god really) Lena finally came round, at about the half-way point! I mean talk about dragging it out.

Sorry guys I was just so angry at the government in this book, I mean it hard to believe society and the government would be that stupid. Nothing would work without parental love for their children. And that was only part of it!

I suppose the writing may have been good but I didn't notice, I was too preoccupied with my frustration with the society, I had to put this down a few times because I felt so awful. What can I say? I'm a compassionate person and this was society CLEAN-CUT AND COMPASSIONLESS. I mean come on!? Who could stand reading that without wanting to kick something and simultaneously throw-up?
Now I would give this a higher rating because it invoked such feeling in me, but because I didn't like those feelings I'd give it a 3.5
Okay. I'm out.




 Pandemonium: 2 Stars. 
I didn't like it. It was so far from what the last book was. I missed Hanna and I felt like I'd stepped into a different series. I mean, even some consistency would be nice? I mean yes it was still Lena, and yes there was still the Delirium Laws. But there were different rules to be broken and different consequences, not to mention the whole re-shuffling of co-characters.
I mean that is a risky move, one, that in my head did not pay off. I mean just sticking with the one character: Lena, from the first book, a girl whom, to begin with I didn't particularly like.


Then there is that whole romance with the Julian kid, and I say kid because thats how I feel he was portrayed. It was just silly, I didn't feel the chemistry, the room didn't crackle with intensity as you can tell it does in other books. I was just not feeling it. 


But I feel that in this world I personally would have been more of a 'FIGHT FOR MATERNAL LOVE' or 'KINSHIP LOVE' kind of person, you know? I would have loved to explore relationships like, siblings, sibling love can be very strong, heck even relatives. I would have loved to explore the Grace/Lena relationship or you know, given her a sibling that she doesn't want to split from.
Those sorts of bonds can be very serious from a young age, and they're believable, but that 'true love' stuff, that sort of deliberation 'WE WILL BE TOGETHER FOREVER' at seventeen? Really? I just found it highly unlikely, in any scenario. This world would be a whole lot more moving and dramatic if a closer look was taken at maternal and familial love.

No comments:

Post a Comment