Pages

Popular Posts!! (You know the ones that get 5 views instead of 2)

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Film Class - and a headcold ! (my day of bad luck concerning harming me)

Well hi,
The nuns are all: WHAT THE ! - Nun on the edge wishes she had hair like that
I 'm in film class. And I 've just printed off and handed in my Run Lola Run Review. It was a German movie, with dubbed english voices. I have to say I'd rather subtitles - those english voices were really annoying - as in they were British. It was a strange sort of film I gotta say, I mean - look at the main character: ----------------------------->

Anyway I was bored so: heres my review  (a very technical one indeed) :

Run Lola Run is a suspenseful action film about a girl called Lola (Franka Potente) , who, in order to save her boyfriend Manni, must run, find and bring to him - 100,000 DM.  The film follows Lola as she races to find the money, and, depicts 3 different outcomes showing what COULD happen. Depending on which path Lola truly takes.Whilst watching the film the viewer is able to see more layers of the story unfold as well as enjoying the thrilling race Lola undertakes in her mission to find the money.
The film Run Lola Run includes many interesting and effective camera techniques, introduced by director Tom Tyker. The film is certainly different to watch visually - as the camera work is a lot more creative than that of what we see on television and in typical action movies. The fast pace of the film holds the viewers interest and there are no useless or somewhat boring scenes. The film used many other techniques that I hadn’t seen before, including - continuous photo snapshots appearing on screen to display a story, this technique was used very effectively. Being so very different to typical american blockbuster movies(and their techniques) meant that this film caught the viewers attention, therefore making it very successful. 
Run Lola Run raises many questions on the matters of fate and time. The directors show us throughout the film, that every little moment, every action, and every second that ticks by counts. They show us that, through one action, a whole chain reaction of effects can occur. You can see that the film, was based around the producers/directors vision to portray fate, time and consequences. I think the fact that they seem to have based their film around this only improves it even more It is a film with a message, not just a big action film with lots of punch ups and exciting fights/escapades. Yes, Run Lola Run is a film with meaning - which makes it all the more interesting to watch, and it stays fresh in the mind days later. 
At first, I found the film hard to watch as it was so different from the American films that I usually see at the movies. I found the style a little weird, the weird feeling wasn’t helped by the girl Lola’s strange appearance. Gradually I warmed to the film (I feel this would have been easier if I had seen it all in one shot) and I really enjoyed watching the plot. Another thing I enjoyed about the film was the little snapshots that showed the lives of people that Lola ran past in the film. Overall I thought it was a good film but not one of my favorites.


And yeah - thanks for actually being bothered to read all that.


UPDATE: I forgot to mention my head cold - which is being a bugger. I absolutely loathe it. (Ohhhh way to be old fashioned there me) Anyway I have a constantly running nose in a school that seems to have made tissues extinct or something. Then there is also my massive headache that wont go away and also seems to hit the "pain increase" button every time in breathe in cold air through my nose. 


Also today I sat in the same position for a really long time (bent knee) and so it was really painful when I went to flex it. I walked to my locker in pain - also I had to walk up stairs (lots). 


Then at one of the breaks I was getting stuff out of my locker and BAM I drop my diary then BAM AGAIN as I get it up off the floor I jam my back into the corner of an open locker door. (PS This year I have a top locker ! YAY ! it is awesome - I should post about it) '

No comments:

Post a Comment